Five tips for safely riding your motorcycle in the rain
Riding your bike in the rain can be fun but it can dangerous as well. To help keep you safe, and warm, we’ve put together five tips to help you enjoy your rainy ride.
- Proper gear: If you live and ride in the part of the country that frequently gets rain, it’s hard to have fun when the rain soaks you. There also is a chance you could become hypothermic while riding, which will diminish your ability to concentrate and perform necessary driving tasks. Investing in reflective safety features that also keep you warm will allow motorists see you and keep you safe when riding in the rain.
- Use smooth control inputs: Whether you are on a bike or driving a car, we all know traction is limited when driving in the rain. Thankfully, the grip of motorcycles tires has made tremendous improvements over the years. With that said, you still need to make smooth control inputs or you, and your bike will not fair well. Increasing your following distance and slowing down will help you with smooth control inputs. Also, relax, bend your bike into the turns and don’t flick it.
- Pay attention to the pavement: You should avoid anything smooth such as manhole covers, metals plates during construction, and railroad tracks. Other dangerous areas you should watch for would be lawn clippings, potholes, and oil spots. Avoiding these areas as much as you can will help keep you moving forward safely.
- Maintaining your motorcycle: Tires, tires, tires, maintaining your tires are highly important for riding in the rain. You want to be sure there is plenty of tread, and that your tires are properly inflated.
- Improve your vision: When riding in the rain, protecting your eyes is a must, but be sure not to wear a tinted visor. A tinted visor will restrict even more light from entering your eyes. A clear visor is best, and you could use rain-x to keep the rainwater from spotting it up.
Why Choose Intense Towing for your Motorcycle towing needs?
We get it, you want to know why you should trust our towing service over all the other options out there. Well, the first thing that comes to mind when considering who you should choose for your motorcycle transport company is, will the company damage your motorcycle? The short answer is no. We take extra care and pay attention to every detail because we understand that motorcycles have chrome that can be easily dented and scratched. To ensure that no harm comes to your bike, we use soft straps and cushioning in the form of specially made non-abrasive terry cloth material. This ensures that no metal or potentially harmful polyester straps. You should choose Intense Towing to tow your motorcycle because we will take great care of your bike.
When you call Intense Towing and Recovery, you will receive prompt, professional service. Our tow truck operators go above and beyond to provide exceptional service, ensuring you will always arrive home safe. Thank you for considering Intense Towing and Recovery for all your roadside assistance solutions and Towing needs.